- Take the Highway 14 Exit (269B) and head west into Fort Collins.
- Turn North on US 287, College Avenue, and follow it out of town. Look how cute it is!
- Continue driving west through the roundabout towards the mountains, AKA take the second exit.
- Continue 2 miles to LaPorte; look for a rustic restaurant called Vern’s on your right. Turn slightly left (West) at this intersection and cross the Cache La Poudre River and drive through Bellvue. Blink and you’ll miss it!
- Continue uphill through scenic Rist Canyon for approximately 12 miles. Keep an eye out for cyclists and Whale Rock! 🐳
- When you reach the top of a steep winding section of road, turn left/south. You should see a Buckhorn Camp sign, too.
- Follow this dirt road for ½ mile to the first gate. Don’t worry if it’s closed—it’s only to keep the cows in! 🐮
- You’re almost there, so don’t give up now, you only have another 2 miles to go! Take this last section slowly, as it is scenic and in some places, rough and narrow.
- Follow all signs and markings for the Camp Foxlee wedding.
- Ta-da! In the words of the Google maps lady: “You have arrived.”
Keep on the lookout for wildlife and other travelers. It is wise to allow 45 minutes from Fort Collins to reach Buckhorn Camp.